Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Mother's Testimony

This is my mother's testimony.

I, Christina Marie Moore, have the confidence that if I were to die today, I would spend eternity in Heaven. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life.” I John 5:13

If I were to die today and stand before God and He were to say to me, “Why should I let you into Heaven?” I would respond:

Because of your love for me, you made a way for me to be with you forever. I knew that sin was a problem and that it separated me from you. I was so happy to understand that Jesus took away my sins by nailing them to the cross. I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead after He won the victory over death and hell. Through Him, I can live and have victory too! I know that I belong to Jesus and have accepted Him as the Lord of my life. I’ve turned away from evil, and I’m now walking with the Lord.

As best I recall, this took place at my grandparents’ home in Troy, Missouri when I was nine years old. When I think about this important event, I remember:

...hearing the evangelist Billy Graham preach on television. I felt that I needed to pray and ask the Lord to forgive my sins and to trust Him for salvation.
Since I received Christ, I can see God’s hand at work changing me and equipping me for His service in the following ways:

As soon as I received the Lord, I noticed that I had a new love for my sister. I also had a desire to hear God’s Word and read it.
I was scripturally baptized at my other grandparents’ church in Holly Springs, Iowa in July, 1969.

Some of the people whom the Lord used to bring me to Christ were my parents and my grandparents.

2 comments:

Mandy Grace said...

Another great testimony!

Naomi said...

Thanks,that's beautifull:)