Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Testimony

I, Elizabeth Ellen Moore, have the confidence that if I were to die today, I would spend eternity in heaven. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life.” 1 John 5:13

If I were to die today and stand before God and He were to say to me, “Why should I let you into heaven?” I would respond: I have been bought with the saving blood of Jesus Christ. He loved me so much that he willingly paid the penalty for my sin. By His grace I have been made righteous through His death and resurrection. You are my Father, and I am a joint heir with your son Jesus. I love you and joyfully look forward to spending my eternity with you.

As best I recall, this took place among my family as a young child. When I think about this important event, I remember the loving instruction of my parents and the faith that came in my own life from watching them trust in the Lord. We had family devotions and Bible studies daily around the breakfast table and nightly prayers together before going to bed. My mother and father were always available to answer my questions, and they encouraged me to bring both my troubles and joys to God. Using the Bible, they taught me of my inherent sinfulness and the consequences of my actions – but also of the amazing love and grace of Jesus Christ. I grew to love the Lord and trust in His mercy. He became my Father.

Since I received Christ, I can see God’s hand at work changing me and equipping me for His service in the following ways: by molding my character, attitudes, and dreams to His will. My life has been given a purpose. I want to glorify and praise my Heavenly Father and live my entire life for Him. His Holy Spirit continues to convict me of sin, and I am growing daily to be more like Christ. The Bible says that I am His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that I should walk in them. I want to do those things that God has prepared for me and do them entirely for His glory.

I was scripturally baptized by my father in our local congregation of believers as a sign of my new life in Jesus on November 20, 1994 – ten days before my 6th birthday. It has remained one of my fondest memories, and I will remember that day for the rest of my life. God is great!

Some of the people whom the Lord used to bring me to Christ are: my father Robert Wayne Moore Jr., my mother Christina Marie Moore, and my grandmother Jeanette Gray.

4 comments:

Mandy Grace said...

I enjoyed reading your testimony! It is such a blessing to grow up in a Christian home and have God working in one's life from almost the start. :-)

Becc@ said...

Wow, that was really good, Elizabeth! Thank you so much for posting. It was a blessing to me!

P.s Did you get the email I sent you a little while ago? Just wondering!

caleb gage said...

Amen!

HsKubes' Gal said...

What a wonderful testimony! It was a blessing to read.
The Lord is so good to us! I love how He changes us completely when we accept Him as our Savior!

~Alexandra