Thursday, May 29, 2008

Family Vacation Day 11 -- Charlottesville, VA

We are on our way home now -- back to good old Oklahoma. We had so much fun visiting my aunt and uncle. Our family stopped today at the homes of two former presidents of the United States. Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe lived only 2 1/2 miles apart near Charlottesville, Virginia. This is a lovely state, and I have enjoyed our drive very much. God has been so great!
.
The Home of Thomas Jefferson


Monticello
The Grave of Thomas Jefferson






The Home of James Monroe









Virginia

4 comments:

Hannah said...

You have such a good eye for photography. I love your photos of Virginia. :)

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thanks for stopping by, Hannah. Actually, I have my brother to thank for these wonderful photographs -- I just got to choose my favorites. My camera broke during the trip! :( He took so many great photos it was difficult to narrow them down for this post!

Anna Naomi said...

Beautiful photographs! The flowers are lovely, and I really like the one of you standing at the fence - it looks so peaceful!

Under Southern Skies said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I really like the one of you standing by the fence and the "sunshine flower" one.