Sunday, June 08, 2008

My Graduation

My homeschool graduation ceremony took place last night on June 7, 2008. It was an amazing night of uplifting music and prayer, and I felt God's hand over our celebration. Our community of homeschool families rally together to celebrate our graduates, and there were six seniors this year as well as 8th grade and kindergarten students.



Pastor Dennis Gundersen was our invited guest speaker, and he spoke powerfully about making Christ our desire and not conforming to the world. Mr. Gundersen is the author of Courtship & Dating: So What's the Difference? (among others), and I highly recommend his books.


Dear members of my family and friends were able to attend my graduation, and those that were unable to come made the day special with phone calls and cards. I have wonderful support as I enter this next stage in my life! They made it so special!The most exciting moment of the evening (and nerve wracking) was the short speech I spoke to the gathering. I am posting it here (below) for you all to enjoy. It was fun to write, and I pray that the homeschooling families and their guests were blessed by it.

6 comments:

faithful lofgren said...

Congrats again, Elizabeth! Your table looked extremely interesting...all those books,etc.! Your speech was awesome too. Love you! :)

Amanda Grace said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! It looks like you had a very special graduation ceremony. That's so neat. Thanks for posting your speech for us to read too. I enjoyed it! :-)

Blessings,
Amanda

Anna Naomi said...

Your graduation looks great! I like how you set up your display table! Great job on the speech as well!

Dawn said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting time for you I bet!!!

The pictures all looked wonderful and it looks like you and everyone else had a blessed time!

I graduated in 1999 but from public school. Next year is our 10 year reunion and I honestly can't believe how fast the time went. I mean, where did 10 years go? : /

Keep the Lord first in everything you do!

God be with you as you embark on the future!

Dawn

Becc@ said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! I'm really happy for you!
Great post, and thanks for all the pictures! :)

Hannah said...

Sorry for the belated comment, but congratulations! How exciting!