Friday, November 07, 2008

Crunching Leaves

Fall is my favorite time of year. It doesn't last long here in Oklahoma, but it still brings back memories of long walks, magnificent showers of leaves, and the distinctive noise that belongs solely to fall. Crunching leaves underfoot, burnt oranges, golds, and yellows... it makes me glad autumn has come again.

It is a sad happiness. The sight of hundreds of leaves gliding to the earth thrills my soul, but it also means that there are that many less leaves on the trees. Soon, there will be none. That's why the glory of autumn must be relished while it is here. Take a walk. Collect leaves. Glory in the beauty of God's creation.

I love photographs that show the splendor of nature. Three examples that fit that description perfectly are over at this blog. Recently, Zachary had several of his photos in an art show, and they did very well. He is now having a photo contest to see which one people like the best. Read more about it and vote for your favorite over at his blog!

1 comment:

Susanna Moore said...

Very nice description!! Fall is my favorite time of year, too. I loved the photographs!