Sunday, November 30, 2008

More Cheesecake

Count your blessings... name them one by one. I feel so blessed. As I turn a year older my prayer is that I can be as much a blessing to my friends and family as they are to me. God has blessed me richly. What can I say as I turn the corner into this next chapter of my life? I am reminded of something I wrote on January 1 just 11 months ago.

I have big plans for 2008. It is the year I participate in the music festival for the last time. I plan to take the GED. My Homeschool Graduation is in the spring. Christal will be the first of my cousins to be married this May, and we are planning our D.C. and Virginia family vacation around the wedding. [...] 2008 will mark the 10th anniversary of our family living in my town, and I will be able to say that I have spent more than half my life here in Oklahoma. [...] I hope to revive or further my friendships and continue growing roots at my church.

But these are just my plans. They are subject to change. I can’t see the timeline of my life like God can. 2008 will take on a life of its own. Events that I can’t foresee will take place, and I may look back a year from now and wonder at how much has changed in my life. It is exciting. It could be frightening, but it isn’t. God is with
me. He will protect me, guide me, and be with me in the good and bad. He is faithful!

I know this sounds like a News Year's post, but as I look back on the past year I can only marvel at God's faithfulness. I was right. Unforeseeable events took place and continue to unfold. God's mastery awes me!
To Him be the glory!

chocolate cheesecake made by my mother and sister

4 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope this year is a special one for you!

faithful lofgren said...

Amen...birthdays are great to reflect on what God has done in the last year of your life. I know this last year has been cool for me, too. And, oh my goodness those cheesecakes :O

Bonnie Faber said...

I've been meaning to comment to say that your tea much is TOO CUTE. =D

That's all. =)


(Except that we should talk soon!)

Under Southern Skies said...

The cheesecake looks delicious! Could you please share the recipe?