Monday, June 08, 2009

Let the Weak Say...

Onward and upward. Sometimes, you just have to keep going. That is me today. My yesterday was long, and I didn't sleep well last night. A phone rang behind my ear after midnight, and it woke me up. It was an earlier morning than usual for me too. Today went well, but I admit, I'm writing this now to keep from falling asleep.

My Principles of Management CLEP was this morning at 7:00, so that means I left the house at 6:30. I passed the exam, and I am moving on to both Marketing and College Mathematics now. I am excited, but I would be even more excited if I wasn't so tired.

My phone consultation with my CollegePlus! coach was at 10:00, so it felt like a full day had passed already by the time lunch came. The day was far from over, however. Work started at 1:00.

My mom was sitting at the table reading her Bible while I made my sandwich. She knew I was tired and said, "Here's a verse about being weak." She began to read from Joel 3:10.

Beat your plowshares into swords,
and your pruning hooks into spears;

let the weak say, “I am a warrior.”

I couldn't help but paraphrase...

Let the weak say,
"I am a library clerk!"

And again,

"Let the weak say,
"I am a student!"

No comments: