Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Travel Log -- Day 2

We started in Missouri this morning, spent seven minutes in Illinois, and drove for hours and hours in Kentucky this afternoon. The evening found us just over the border in West Virginia. What a day! To my knowledge, I have never been in West Virginia before, so this is one more state to cross off my list (if I had one, anyway).

It was good to see Kentucky again. We drove to the north and south of Kentucky last year -- completely avoiding the state itself -- so the last time I was here was on our move down to Oklahoma almost 11 years ago. That trip was not pleasant, so Kentucky needed another chance. It is beautiful, and we enjoyed it wholeheartedly this time around! I loved the hills, trees, small towns, charming homes, horse barns, etc. There really are a lot of nice places in this country.

We found a colorful town to spend the night, and I enjoyed a delicious cheeseburger for dinner. We will be with family tomorrow night!

1 comment:

faithful lofgren said...

KY is really pretty country - glad you're enjoying your trip so far! Now I don't feel so bad about not getting a chance to return your call from last week :(. Looking forward to reading more about your journeyings!