Saturday, July 18, 2009

Trip Log -- Day 10

We began our roundabout journey home on Wednesday, July 15. Colonial Williamsburg was our first -- and longest -- stop. It is amazing! This living history experience is worth all the praise I have heard over the years. The shops, homes, and government buildings are either original or rebuilt -- all on the original foundations. Amazing. This is not a condensed example of a colonial town; it is the town. I enjoyed listening to the living history interpreters explain the work, play, politics, and experiences of 18th century America. I am glad we planned to stay most of two days. We could have used many more!
We walked up and down this street in Colonial Williamsburg many times.The shoemaker -- one of many living history trade shops
The court house: the program was funny and educational.
We enjoyed the "Revolutionary City" programs.
The music was thrilling: drums, fifes, and tin whistles.
a close up view of the rebuilt capitol
I found I enjoy photographing desks.
They are beautiful, quaint, useful...
It must be my favorite type of furniture.
I wanted to take them all home with me.We were blessed with fantastic weather for most of our trip. the magazine and guardhouse

1 comment:

Anna Naomi said...

It's fun to see the pictures! Thanks for sharing! I would like to see Colonial Williamsburg one day... It looks so neat!

By the way, one of my favorite pictures is of the spire and the clouds and sky behind it. It's so peaceful and shows God's amazing creativity in the clouds!