Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trip Log -- Day 14

Day 14 had one purpose: to get home. We drove across Arkansas and into my home state of Oklahoma. The terrain gradually became more familiar -- more homelike. I was glad to see Oklahoma was still green. The temperatures had been above 100 degrees for much of the time we were gone, but it was not bad when we returned.

Home! Dad had been counting down the hours, and it was so good to see him again. Reunited at last!

None of us took any pictures that last day. We didn't need or want any. Between my brother, mom, and me, the Moore family has thousands of images from this one vacation alone. Enough is enough!

Our schedules were almost back to normal the next day. Suitcases were emptied and put away. Clothes were washed and hung up. I went back to work at the library. I spent time with my friend. My math book was uncovered and prepared for my Tuesday call with my CollegePlus! coach.

Vacations are nice, but I am glad to be home.

No comments: