Monday, October 12, 2009

My Help for a 45 Minute Essay

This post is part of a journal update I wrote this last Friday on October 9, 2009. School is really only a small part of my life right now -- and certainly not the most important part -- so I apologize my blog has either been silent or about school lately. But oh well, everything in its time!

It is not uncommon for me to reach the end of my day, plop down on my bed with a combination of relief and exhaustion, and wonder how it is possible that I did the things I did that day. I think, “Was that just this morning? I can’t imagine testing on those subjects, and I wrote a 45 minute essay – this morning?”

Yet, each day passes and, bit by bit, my goals are accomplished. My school list grows shorter when I have a day like this; I took my English Composition with Essay CLEP this morning. Amazing. I don’t know if I passed or not – that knowledge won’t come until almost the end of the month – but I do feel good about it.

It is at a moment like this – when I don’t know how I did it – that I know I didn’t do it on my own. It was the Lord working through me that helped me all the way. He helped me today by making me alert, keeping me calm, refreshing my memory, giving me ideas, and helping me stay on task. When I wrote my 45 minute essay, I did not feel rushed, and I certainly didn’t panic. I know my Heavenly Father helped me through it. Now, I just want to know my score!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I am really excited to get an update from you! :) I hope everything goes well after your hard work! :)