Saturday, December 05, 2009

Explanation...

An Explanation on the Length and Purpose of my Zechariah and Elizabeth Advent Series.

Six posts in six days (now seven): that has got to be a personal record for Study.Quiet. Why did I post so many? Why were they so long to the point that normal people can't read them?

Frankly, it was fun. I enjoyed writing them. But my reasons for these posts go deeper than simple enjoyment. It is a series I have been meaning to write since this blog first began back in 2006. It wasn't the right time then. If I had given it even more time, the posts might have been better -- and shorter. But Zechariah and Elizabeth's story was on my mind Sunday night, and I felt the itch to write.

It speaks to issues going on in my own life right now. Patience, trust, looking to God for His timing, resting on Him when I fail and am inadequate. Like Zechariah, I ask doubting questions. I tend to over think things. Like Elizabeth, I desire things and struggle with the wait. I want to be like the best qualities in Elizabeth and Zechariah, and they turned to the Almighty God for their answers.

So, that is my heart. I wrote this series for me. I needed to stop and think. If the posts seemed to ramble or get long, it is because I needed to think a few things through and write them down.

Actually, in my most ambitious moments, I planned to do a series each for Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus. Realistically, I don't have the time this year. Besides, my heart was with Elizabeth and Zechariah this season anyway. I take my Humanities exam on the 18th of this month, and I need to study more. I might post a thing or two over the next few weeks, but I will try to keep them short.

Blessings to everyone! Merry Christmas!

No comments: