Monday, December 21, 2009

Looking Back and Giving Thanks

2005 deepened my understanding of trusting God.

2006 was most difficult -- but full of spiritual growth.

2007 helped me find out who I am as an individual.

2008 was full of transition and surprises as I started a new chapter in my life.

2009 has been a roller coaster of joy, hard work, and anticipation of things to come.


Looking back on the last five years, I see that some of the most challenging times were some of my best times too. I live a blessed and joyful life, but there were moments in the past five years that were difficult beyond description. My walk with the Lord was deepened through experiences I would not have chosen for myself. My challenges were not extraordinary by any means, but they were unique to my struggles and specially molded to my situations and needs.

God knows what is best for me; He is molding me into the woman of faith he intended me to be. As Isaiah said:

But now, O Lord, you are our Father;
we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
(Isaiah 64:8)


I have felt broken, molded, reworked, and baked, but I am so glad He cares enough about me to be my Father and my Potter.

In this Christmas season, we remember God's creative power. He made a way for us to be justly forgiven of our sins by the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. God became flesh and dwelt among us! He came humbly as a baby to live a human life; He felt our joys and our pains and lived a perfect life so He could be the sacrifice for us who have been so imperfect. Glory be to God Most High who loved us before we loved Him!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Elizabeth, your Christmas season posts have been thought-provoking, and I know you've given it a lot of prayer as you consider what to write.

Isaiah 64:8 does suggest that the Potter's work is not finished. Thanks for reminding us of God's power at work in our lives.

...Dad