Friday, December 25, 2009

White Oklahoma Christmas


It is a white Christmas in Oklahoma. The "Unknown Precipitation" turned into snow. Honestly, I could have done without snow and ice during a time when families like to travel and get together, but at least it is pretty! This is what all the kids want! I have a habit of humming/singing songs from who knows where without even knowing it, so even I have broken out into song with, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... just like the ones I used to know!" And yes, when I lived in Massachusetts, we did get more snow, but a white Christmas here is not like a white Christmas up north. New Englanders know how to handle snowstorms, so the roads are much safer up there in a snowstorm than here in Oklahoma under similar circumstances. One good thing about snowy roads is that they look white and pretty. It is gorgeous!

Note: The white photo to the right is of my street.
The photo at the top is of a neighbor's Christmas display.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

faithful lofgren said...

looks like you got more snow that us...that must be a first! :D Merry merry Christmas, Elizabeth!!! <3

Under Southern Skies said...

The snow is so beautiful!

Elizabeth J. said...

How lovely the snow looks! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas.