Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In the Kitchen: Peanut Butter Cookies


My cousin Michael and I made peanut butter cookies tonight. He was a big help, and it was nice to bake something together. They have a subdued flavor. I guess that is normal, but it has been a long time since I had any. Actually, they reminded me of shortbread cookies with a peanut butter flavor, although my dad told me to think less "shortbread cookie" and more "sugar cookie." The recipe told me to bake them for 25 minutes. I laughed at that since our oven runs hot (very hot!), but I should have known that even 10 minutes was too hot. I ended up baking each batch for only about eight minutes. Family fun!

5 comments:

Zachary Pruett said...

mmmmmmm! Those cookies sound good and the picture is great.

Although, if you keep posting about all this good food I won't be able accomplish anything. For it seems that I always have to go eat something after visiting here. :)

Zachary

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thanks, Zachary. But I don't think you can blame your kitchen visits on me. Those are inevitable. :)

Sisters of Grace said...

I'm new to your blog and really enjoy it.

Yummm.. I love peanut butter cookies!

~Michelle

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thank you, Michelle! I am glad you enjoyed your visit!

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Michelle, I tried to visit your blog and comment on the Christmas gifts, but the comments are broken or something. Anyway, they are really neat. I am sure the receivers felt so blessed to receive homemade gifts that show how much you love them!