- February 5: The voice of the Lord is mighty and glorious. Listen for it and obey. Justice will be done. The Laws given by God here would provide a sturdy backbone of law to any society. Understand the laws given by God and by man, and know the difference between them.
- February 6: God restores life, and His favor is for a lifetime. I need His mercy and help. Set up ways to remember what He has done, and do not stray from your resolve.
- February 7: God rules over everything big or small. He is exact and precise in His commands. He cares about even the little things. Use what the Lord has given you, and be in a state of ready waiting. Do you feel like you do not have enough of something? Use what you have prudently, and He will provide.
- February 8: Use the areas in my life that God has blessed me with skill to serve those in need -- doing it all for Jesus Christ. Find ways to serve where it is not expected.
- February 9: Sin is serious, and the consequences are devastating: death. Today's Old Testament scripture describes bloody sacrifices that could only imperfectly heal the breach caused by man's sin. We need a sacrifice that will last. In the New Testament scripture Jesus provides a clear explanation of what His coming death will provide -- the forgiveness of our sins. How abundant is His goodness! He shows love and asks for love in return!
- February 10: Even in the darkest circumstances, God prevails. When people fail -- betray Him or run away from Him -- He remains faithful. Emulate His faithfulness.
- February 11: Aaron downplayed his involvement in the idolatry of the people of Israel. Do you downplay or make excuses for your wrongs? Don't do it. My actions have consequences; own up to them, repent, and accept God's forgiveness.
This week's scripture readings were from: