Tuesday, March 02, 2010

One Thing: Set Apart

Wow, this is late!  Blogging hasn't been a main priority lately.  I feel like I am chasing my tail sometimes -- you know, running in circles with no hope of catching up.  I have taken two DSST exams since my last post (Principles of Supervision and Introduction to World Religions) and I am getting ready for another one this Friday (Public Speaking).  My coach gave me a list of speech topics to practice with, and I have a feeling there will be very few controversial issues I have not thought about by the time I finish the list.  Anyway, One Thing!

  • 12 February: Don't be controlled by the crowd; stand strong in the face of opposition.
  • 13 February: When I seek the Lord, He answers.  "Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed." (Psalm 34:5) Be radiant.
  • 14 February: God expects me to give my best and make disciples for Him.  He protects those who fear Him and seek peace.  He will deliver me from all my troubles.  Don't be simple and give in to temptation.
  • 15 February: Just as the Levites were consecrated to God, we should take equal care that our worship is holy -- set apart.  Follow God.  Let His glory lead me.
  • 16 February: God asks for perfection.  Am I giving Him the best of my time and spending it in fellowship with Him?  Seek wisdom.
  • 17 February: I am not the only one affected by my actions and attitudes.  What do I value, and how do I stay consistent with my values?
  • 18 February: "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act." (Psalm 37:5)
This week's scripture readings were from:
Exodus 34:1-Leviticus 7:27
Matthew 27:15-Mark 3:30
Psalm 33:12-37:11
Proverbs 9:1-10:4


2 comments:

Robert W Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert W Moore said...

...Good thoughts, Elizabeth. I think my favorite is your OneThing from February 12.

"Don't be controlled by the crowd."

The ease with which one drifts into, and with, a crowd is unsettling. Most people dislike conflict and want to know others approve of them. Dangerous.

"Stand strong in the face of opposition."

To do it without malice and hatred is challenging, but God's grace is sufficient.

Thanks for being so diligent.

Dad