Sunday, April 04, 2010

25th Anniversary Quilt

This is a quilt I made for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary. My third quilt was so much fun to make! I just finished it about a week ago.  My mom chose the design and my dad chose the fabric, so it was a group project. I kept finding ways to make it more detailed and complex -- and meaningful -- the longer I worked on it, so it did take a while to finish. The quilt has phrases from 1 Corinthians 13 embroidered on it.  And, since I am a genealogist, I couldn't help but put biographical information on it as well! I hope it will be a blessing to my parents in the years ahead. I give glory to God for His touch of love and grace in their relationship. Thank you, Mom and Dad!

Click below to see the video my brother David and I put together!



5 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Lovely! Great job - it's a treasure for your parents!

A Heart of Praise said...

What a wonderful thing to make for your parents! It looks like it turned out beautiful!!

Under Southern Skies said...

It is gorgeous, Elizabeth! I'm sure your parents were very pleased!

Robert W Moore said...

Your parents were VERY pleased. ;-)

Elece Hollis said...

I am blessed by the work of heart! The video and the quilt, of course!