Sunday, April 04, 2010

Passion Week with Pilgrim's Progress: The Resurrection -- All's Become New

Christian receives new life through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

 Now, as he stood looking and weeping, behold three Shining Ones came to him and saluted him with "Peace be unto thee."  So the first said to him, "Thy sins be forgiven thee" [Mark 2:5]; the second stripped him of his rags, and clothed him with a change of raiment [Zech. 3:4]; the third also set a mark on his forehead, and gave him a roll with a seal upon it, which he bade him look on as he ran, and that he should give it in at the Celestial Gate. [Eph. 1:13] So they went on their way.

"Who's this? The pilgrim.  How! 'tis very true, Old things are past away, all's become new.  Strange! he's another man, upon my word, They be fine feathers which make a fine bird.

Then Christian gave three leaps for joy, and went on singing --

"Thus far I did come laden with my sin;
Nor could aught ease the grief that I was in
Till I came hither: What a place is this!
Must here be the beginning of my bliss?
Must here the burden fall from off my back?
Must here the strings that bound it to me crack?
Blest cross! blest sepulchre! blest rather be
The Man that there was put to shame for me!"
 ~The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come 
by John Bunyan
 
Jesus said...
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”
~John 14:6-7 

From the Passion Week...
But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him in Aramaic, “Rabboni!” (which means Teacher). Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord”—and that he had said these things to he
~John 20:11-18

Happy Resurrection Day!
He is Risen! 

3 comments:

Faith Lofgren said...

Happy Ressurection Day! Awesome checking out your blog this week and seeing the Pilgrim's Progress study...(and the bread, lol) :)

Robert W Moore said...

Bunyan's writing sparkles! This has been a great way to focus on the message of death, burial, and resurrection.

Elizabeth, you enrich our lives in too many ways to count! Thank you for being so faithful to the things God places on your heart.

Love,

Dad

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thanks Faith! Thanks Dad!