Friday, April 23, 2010

One Thing: Count and Call

So teach us to number our days
   that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
   and establish the work of our hands upon us;
   yes, establish the work of our hands!

Psalm 90: 12, 17

Make every day count.  Be inspired to waste less time and let the Lord establish the work of your hands!




"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
   I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
   I will be with him in trouble;
   I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
   and show him my salvation."

Psalm 91:14-16

What a promise!  But what is my part?

1. Hold fast to the Lord in love.
2. Know His name -- who He is.
3. Call on Him


3 comments:

Robert W Moore said...

...Good thoughts.

Reading the Pentateuch and Joshua, and now beginning to read Judges, I've seen the wasteful days -- and even years -- when God's people let their heritage be forgotten.

I recently identified one of my daily "oneThing" principles in this way:

"Don't let a day go by without taking steps to PRESERVE and PASS ON God's work."

Dad

Anna Naomi said...

Beautiful posts. The Scripture and reflective pictures are great complements.

selahV said...

This picture of the little bridge makes me want to take a walk with you. It's beautiful. selahV