Tuesday, June 08, 2010

One Thing: Understanding and Discernment

Solomon said to the Lord,"You have shown great and steadfast love to your servant David my father, because he walked before you in faithfulness, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart toward you."
1 Kings 3:5

David left a godly legacy of faithfulness, righteousness, and uprightness of heart.  His obedience inspired Solomon to ask, "Give your servant therefore an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern this your great people?" 1 Kings 3:9

I want to live my life in such a way that people are drawn to God and desire His understanding and the ability to discern between good and evil.  How can I do this?  I start by asking God for His understanding.

1 comment:

Robert said...

That's the best place to start!