Saturday, October 30, 2010

One Thing: Do Not Fear!

"You came near when I called on you;
you said, 'Do not fear!'"
Lamentations 3:57

It is easy to look ahead at the dark unknown and have fear.  Right now, there is a countdown in my own life.  According to my fiancĂ© Zachary's blog, our wedding is in 223 days.  I am so excited about it, and I have no hesitation.  I look forward to being married to my sweetheart so much!  At the same time, however, there is some nervousness.  Zachary and I have both grown up with wonderful parents who have taken care of our needs.  Soon, we will be taking care of our own needs (with the Lord's help), and that is quite a thought.  There are the unanswered questions about finances, housing, food, etc. that make one realize how serious life actually is!  How will it all work?  When fear knocks at my heart's door, it is easy to crack it open and pear into the dark unknown with trepidation.  I am thankful for the Lord's provision, and I fully trust Him and my wonderful Zachary.

The unknown is still just that: unknown. Yet -- and this is my One Thing -- there is no need to fear!  When we call on the Lord, He hears, and His answer is, "Do not fear!"  He will provide!

1 comment:

Zachary Pruett said...

It is good to know that God always hears. The only one who know the unknown hears us.

Love you! :)