Monday, October 25, 2010

One Thing: Endure

"As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."
2 Timothy 4:5

It has been awhile since I posted any of my One Thing! devotions.  There is no excuse, I know, but my pretended excuse is that I write so much for school that I don't have time or desire to write anything else.  It doesn't hold water though; my devotions are the most important part of my day.  So, today I wanted to share 2 Timothy 4:5 from my One Thing! reading.

A definition for endure is, "To bear with patience; to bear without opposition or sinking under the pressure."  Am I enduring the little things I consider suffering?  Or am I just putting up with them?  Am I fulfilling my ministry -- even when it isn't easy?

So, my One Thing! for today is: Don't sink under the pressure.  Endure patiently the big and little things that trouble me.

1 comment:

Zachary Pruett said...

Enduring is very difficult in our comfy society. And I think the lack of posting on your blog is perfectly justified by the amount of school work you're doing now, so long as you do the One Thing study on your own!

See ya later! :D