Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One Thing: Feminine Character

"Train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."
Titus 2:4-5

Not all of this applies to me yet, but I need to practice good character now, so that it will become a natural part of my lifelong service to God and family.  I can demonstrate self-control, purity, proper work priorities, and kindness now.  Also, I can practice submission now my being obedient to my family and learning to put my fiance's needs ahead of my own.  What a tall order!  But, God expects excellence, and He will always be with me to help and forgive me along the way.

My One Thing: Strengthen a servant's heart now, that the word of God may not be reviled.

In other good news, my Grandma is coming to visit from out of town today!

1 comment:

Zachary Pruett said...

It is a difficult thing to do what the Bible says. I certainly understand (kinda) how hard it is to obey the command to put my fiancée, and wife after that, before myself (I have this inkling that what I "understand" is just the tip of this iceberg). I pray for you everyday, Elizabeth. I love you!!