Tuesday, November 09, 2010

One Thing: Deliverance

He sent out his word and healed them,
and delivered them from their destruction.
Psalm 107:20

I am sorry I do not have much to say today. I am tired beyond measure.  On one hand, I am counting down the hours until I can go to bed; on the other, I am overwhelmed by the school work that still needs to be done.  At a time like this, it helps to look at the big picture.  Because school is the most time consuming thing in my life right now, the big picture can look no bigger to me sometimes than the 12 week courses I am in right now.  But that isn't the big picture.

The real big picture is that I am eternally grateful for God's continued grace. I don't deserve the magnificent grace He has given -- and continues to give -- to me.  He sent me His word.  He healed me.  He delivered me from my destruction!

No wonder we can say:

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 107:1


That is my One Thing! today.  Give thanks!

No comments: