Sunday, November 14, 2010

One Thing: Discipline

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

I don't like being wrong, and I hate it when others think I am wrong. Discipline isn't something I ever enjoy, but I am thankful that my parents loved me enough throughout the years that they took the time and effort to train me.  Thanks, Mom and Dad!

My parents aren't the only ones who have disciplined me, however.  I have the Holy Spirit who is working in me as He transforms my life. While painful at times, I pray that it will yield peaceful fruit of righteousness.

One Thing: Accept discipline -- from God and others -- with grace.
In other news, I baked an October tradition in November this year.  This carrot cake will be frosted tomorrow!

No comments: