Saturday, November 13, 2010

One Thing: Dripping

"A continual dripping on a rainy day
   and a quarrelsome wife are alike;
to restrain her is to restrain the wind
   or to grasp oil in one’s right hand."
Proverbs 27:15-16

It has been raining for two days.  It is slightly irritating, but at least the walls and roof of my house keep the rain and wind from sounding like it will never stop. These verses remind me of the kitchen faucet, however, since it will drip continually if you don't turn it off right.  I know I don't last very long in the kitchen without adjusting it.  The dripping can grate on me, and I am compelled to get rid of the sound as quickly as possible.

What if the dripping kept going, and there was NO WAY to turn it off?

I am going to be a wife in seven months, and I don't want to be compared to dripping water that won't stop.  I don't want to irritate my (future) husband as much as the dripping faucet irritates me.  So, what do I do?

One Thing: Practice peace.  Work at avoiding a quarrelsome attitude.

No comments: