Friday, November 12, 2010

One Thing: Faith

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1

There are many things we can't see, yet we know they exist.  I can't see oxygen -- yet I breathe it.  I can't see my college diploma, yet I expect to earn one soon.  I can't see the home Zachary and I will live in next year, yet I know God will have a place for us to live.  This is normal.  This is faith.

Yet, it isn't always easy -- especially when it comes to God's promises.  A spirit of doubt has overtaken much of the world.  Even Christians are not always immune.  We can have assurance that God is faithful.  He promised his followers eternal life with Him.  He promised that our needs will be provided for.  He promised that He will never leave us or forsake us.

The list is virtually endless.  Do we believe it?  Do we trust Him?

One Thing!  Have faith in God's promises.  Not seeing something doesn't make it any less real.

1 comment:

Zachary Pruett said...

Trust is difficult but necessary huh?

Love you!