Tuesday, November 02, 2010

One Thing: Help in Time of Need

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

I don't know about you, but I need lots of grace.  I was just getting used to it being October when I was forced to flip my calendar page to November.  A horrendous sight came into view.  Every day of this first week of the month is full of events and abnormalities... and this calendar did not even include my school assignments!

When I get overwhelmed, little things can seem really big.  I knocked my head this morning on my way to work, and all of a sudden it became an emotional as well as painful event.  Shock and stress made me vulnerable, and I felt like a target as unforeseeable issues arose at work.  On days like this, I need to draw near to the throne of grace and receive His mercy and grace in my time of need.

One Thing! I am needy, but His grace is enough to get me through my day.  Thank the Lord!

No comments: