Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One Thing: Joy During Trials

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."
James 1:2-3

Stuff happens.  Trials are inevitable.  How do I react?  It my faith tested and found true?

Questions.

I don't like being inconvenienced.  I don't like being wronged.  It hurts when people misunderstand me or think I am not doing something "just right."

"Count it all joy."  How do I count it all joy when I am not happy?

It is not about happiness or what is going on around me.  It is not about everything being just so.  I make mistakes.  I cause more problems for myself than anyone else could ever manufacture.  God will help me find His joy in every situation and problem.  I am being tested, and I trust that it will produce steadfastness.  Steadfastness will have its full effect in my life, and I will (with God's grace) be made perfect and complete -- lacking nothing.

One Thing.  Live in God's joy -- regardless of the trial.  Be steadfast and use every situation as an opportunity to grow.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I completely agree. Going through hard times shows how much God really does care. Everything that happens is first sifted through His fingers before it comes to you. There's peace in that. There's peace in knowing that while it hurts, He's doing it for your best.