Sunday, November 07, 2010

One Thing: Mind and Heart

I will put my laws into their minds,
   and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
   and they shall be my people.
Hebrews 8:10b
.
The One Thing! Challenge is now in Ezekiel, Hebrews, Psalms, and Proverbs. The Old Testament readings have been about the blatant disobedience of the nation of Israel. Despite their consistent unfaithfulness, we learn in the New Testament that God chose to send a Savior and initiate a new covenant.

Israel did not deserve it, and we do not deserve it today.  Yet, God loved us so much that he made a way for the law to be on our mind and heart instead of just on tablets of stone.  Jesus died for us so we could have the special relationship with Him that Israel was always meant to have.  He said, "I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

The choice is now ours.  Will we accept His gift -- the gift of having his law on our minds and hearts?

My One Thing!  Thank you, Lord, for your continued faithfulness.  Thank you for putting your law on my mind and heart! 

No comments: