Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One Thing: Preparing for Thanksgiving

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious."
1 Peter 3:4

One Thing: Be more concerned about the state of your heart than the outward impression you give others.

In Thanksgiving news, my family is excited about seeing some dear friends of ours and my grandma tomorrow.  Two tired ankles and a burned middle finger means I am able to put sweet potato pies on the table -- you should see me trying to type this with one hand while my blister is soaking!

As I anticipate tomorrow, a few special blessings to give thanks for come to mind:
  1. My incredible fiance Zachary
  2. My supportive and understanding family
  3. My church
  4. My job
  5. Only 3 1/2 weeks of school remaining
  6. My health
  7. And above all, the amazing grace of my awesome God
Thank you, Lord!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a
God who cares so much for us. We can give Thanks in All things, even burnt fingers and sore ankles, for He truly cares for us.
Glad you had so much to be Thankful for and had a great time with family and old friends.
Granpa