Monday, November 01, 2010

One Thing: Unaffected

"Be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house. And you shall speak my words to them, whether they hear or refuse to hear, for they are a rebellious house."
Ezekiel 2:6b-7

Here in the United States, we don't have the kind of persecution that many Christians throughout the world face; we won't be arrested, beaten, or killed for our beliefs. Yet, many of us remain quiet about our Savior.  Why?  Some of it may be because we don't want people to look down on us.  We have become afraid of what they will say or how they will look at us.

One Thing: I am going to take these verses from Ezekiel to heart and remember that only God's words and thoughts matter.  Today, I resolve to remain unaffected by people's tones, remarks, and looks.

1 comment:

Zachary Pruett said...

Wow, what strong solution. Instead obliging the looks, standing steadfast against them. Seems like the complete opposite of most Christians I know are doing (including myself). I pray for you and please do the same for me. I want this boldness in faith too.

Love you!