Thursday, November 04, 2010

One Thing: The Unexpected

Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring.
Proverbs 27:1

I never know what a day will bring.  Surprises can thwart the best made plans.  For someone like me -- one who appreciates structure and planning -- it can be unsettling to not know what tomorrow, next week, or next year will bring.  Yet, I know I can leave it in the Lord's hands and trust him today to take care of tomorrow and every day after that.  I may not boast in my plans, my intentions, or my dreams.  My hope is in the Lord.

One Thing: Do not rely on your plans or become upset when expectations are disappointed.

1 comment:

Rachel Beth said...

Once again, I can only say I truly agree with this. In such an uncertain world it's so wonderful and comforting to know that the Lord holds our future and that no matter what, all things work together for good to those who love Him.

God bless you.
Rachel*

PS: Thank you for visiting our blog and for your comments! It was so nice to hear from you. :)