Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 One Thing! Challenge: The End... and Another Beginning!

"He who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen."
Revelation 22:20-21

Last year, under the leadership of Pastor Mike, our church committed to read the entire Bible together during 2010.  We planned to be on the same page each day as we let the Lord speak to us through His Word.  It has been an amazing year, and I am blessed to belong to such a Bible centered fellowship of believers!  Through difficulties and change, Pastor Mike led and taught us by his faithful example.  For this, I am extraordinarily grateful.

This is the last day of the One Thing! Challenge.  I didn't manage to get through the year perfectly -- there were days that I missed -- but the practice of a disciplined Bible plan helped me in my spiritual growth, and it gave me the accountability to read my Bible on days when I might otherwise have missed out on God's great gift to us.  In an attempt to finish strong, I made it an almost daily habit to post my One Thing! thoughts on this blog starting in October.  What a blessing this year of Bible study has been!

2011 will see me reading the Chronological Bible, and I look forward to another great year of reading as the Lord instructs me through His Word!

One Thing: Jesus is coming soon!  Be faithful as He is faithful!

No comments: