Wednesday, December 15, 2010

One Thing: Bless the Lord!

I related to several parts of today's OneThing! reading.  First, I can say with Agur, "I am weary, O God; I am weary, O God, and worn out" (Proverbs 30:1).

It has been a long two and a half years of college, but I have finally fulfilled the requirements for my bachelor's degree in English.  I submitted my last essay last night and took my last examination this afternoon.  I am done.   Finished.  Tired.  My mind was whirling so fast last night that sleep eluded me, and I had a work Christmas party at 8:00 AM this morning.  So, I am weary.

But more than weary, I am thankful!  God has sustained me through these long months (often using my incredible family and Zachary).  Right now, I want to shout with the Psalmist:

"Come, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD,
   who stand by night in the house of the LORD!
 Lift up your hands to the holy place
   and bless the LORD!"
Psalm 134:1

I feel like shooting off fireworks in celebration, and I would do it if not for a few considerations...

1. I don't own any.
2. They are illegal within city limits.
3. It is cold out.
4. I know nothing about shooting fireworks, so...
5. It wouldn't be safe.
6. Most importantly, I am exhausted!

So, short of fireworks, I am enjoying a big mug of tea and the knowledge that I can sleep in tomorrow!  Have a great day!

One Thing: Bless the Lord!

2 comments:

melanieheather said...

OOOOOH!!!! :) CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) I know the elated feeling that comes with turning in that last test! :) WAY TO GO! :)

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thanks, Melanie!