Thursday, December 30, 2010

One Thing: Peace

"True instruction was in his mouth, and no wrong was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many from iniquity."
Malachi 2:6

Peace.  Do we really know what it means to have peace, and, if we do, what steps are we taking to have peace?  Am I being a peacemaker?  I do so want to have peace in my life and relationships!

I have found that peace is often the hardest to achieve when I feel I am right about something and others don't see it my way.  That is exactly what this verse in Malachi is addressing.  We need to take care that we do speak truth and are not wrong when we speak, but we are to walk in peace and uprightness at the same time.  That is the hard part!

Peace can be difficult to walk in when there is a "point" to be made and we want to persuade others about the correctness of our ideas and behavior. But what are we trying to accomplish?  It is my desire to turn many from iniquity, and how does Malachi 2:6 instruct us to do this?  We are to speak truth while walking in peace!

One Thing: Please, Lord, help me to have a soft, peaceful answer.  Help me to speak truth with gentleness so that those I speak with are drawn toward You and away from sin.  Thank you for your patience toward me, and help me to show this same patience toward others.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: