Monday, December 27, 2010

One Thing: Stop Talking

For pressing milk produces curds,
   pressing the nose produces blood,
   and pressing anger produces strife.
Proverbs 30:33

As I was meditating over what this verse meant -- and how to practically apply it to my life -- I checked my dad's Twitter account.  He has been most faithful this year to post his One Thing thoughts on both Twitter and Facebook. His most recent post said exactly what I was trying to capture in words, so, today, I am adopting his One Thing:

"There is a time to stop talking -- learn to recognize it."

2 comments:

Sue Lemmon said...

Congratulations on finishing your English degree! Reading through your blog last night and this morning has been a great blessing! So nice to get to meet you Elizabeth. Your story and my own are so similar that is is amazing! I too was homeschooled, waited on the Lord for a husband, courted, and also share your deep love and understanding of the Lord. Your posts on Neil MacNeill were the avenue that lead me to your blogspot. You are a wonderful writer! I too love to write. I met my "Neil" (actually a Mike) in 1997.We have been married for 13 years now and have four children that we are also homeschooling. There is no doubt that by waiting on the physical that our relationship is far stronger and deeper than so, so many marriages we see today! I'd love to email with you if you'd like. My name is Sue Lemmon from Montana. My email is mlemmonmt@yahoo.com
In Him Who Is More Than Able! Sue

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thank you for your comment, Sue. You are an encouragement! I sent you an email.