Friday, January 07, 2011

A Baby Quilt for My Cousin

My cousin Christal and her husband Andrew were blessed with a baby this last autumn!  Little Alyvia is my very first, first cousin once removed of the next generation (I like genealogy, so I think about stuff like that).  Based on the pictures and videos I have seen, she is an adorable baby, and her parents are so blessed!  I decided to make a baby quilt for the family to help celebrate this gift of life. I used yellow, green, and blue Winnie the Pooh fabric, so it can be used for both girls and boys.








This is my cousin Christal with her baby Alyvia.

7 comments:

Rachel Beth said...

Congratulations to your family on the birth of little Alyvia! :)

Your quilt is lovely!
God bless you.

Joy said...

Beautiful work on your quilt; for a gorgeous little baby!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

I haveread about your lessons about literature. Please, can you tell me what the title of the study book is?
The book about culture and examples, p. 204,chapter 6. I like to read about English children's literature.
You have made a picture of the book.
Thank you very much!


Greetings from the Netherlands

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thank you all for your comments!

To "From the Netherlands",

Thank you for stopping by. I used the eighth edition of Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Chldren's Literature by Donna E. Norton. You can find it on Amazon.com. It can be dry at times and it is by no means a perfect book, but it is very informative and I will be keeping mine on hand for future reference. Enjoy!

Under Southern Skies said...

It's so sweet that you made that for them! It looks like she loves it!

Elece Hollis said...

Beautiful. I love it. The colors and pattern.