Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011

2011 is here! I am so excited to welcome the new year. It is the year I have been looking forward to for many reasons.

First, Zachary proposed to me in April, so we will be getting married in June of what is now THIS YEAR!

Second, I finished my last college courses in December, so I will be graduating with my BA in March of THIS YEAR!

Over the last couple days, I have been reviewing 2010 in a unique way. You see, I was so busy with school, the One Thing! Challenge, etc. that, sadly, I didn't keep up my personal journal very well during 2010. What I did keep up was my Monthly Planner Calendar which was actually quite detailed (although it did not contain everything). I copied its contents into my journal (which I keep on my computer), so now the journal reflects my busy year a little bit better.

Looking over my calendar made me aware (again) of God's amazing provision and help. There is no way I could have survived 2010 without His help. For all the joy I experienced in 2010, there were many challenges to overcome as well. Some of them are reflected in blog posts and deal with school, etc., but others were of such mammoth proportions that I didn't write about them -- I just prayed about them and shared them with my family and Zachary. I am so grateful for these relationships!

I look forward to 2011 with great anticipation, but I rely on my Heavenly Father's help to get me through the as yet unseen challenges I know I will face. Our God is faithful!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Rachel Beth said...

A happy and blessed 2011 to you and your loved ones!
God bless you.