Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Letting Others Go First... and a Quilt Update

My Bible reading today was about the Tower of Babel, the generations leading up to Abram, and the beginning of his wanderings.  The key verse I picked out today is Genesis 13:9. Abram and Lot’s servants had been arguing over land, but Abram said to his nephew, “If you take the left hand, then I will go to the right, or if you take the right hand, then I will go to the left."

Abram let Lot choose first.  He allowed someone else to take precedence over him, even though he was the elder of the two and – naturally speaking – had more right to the best land than his nephew did.  Yet, Abram chose to trust God and to prefer another over himself.  I need to do the same in my everyday interactions with others.

In other news, I started working on my new quilt again today for the first time in months!  The last thing I did on it (before my school schedule made quilting impossible) was WRONG, so it took me a long time just to figure out what I did last time and how I could fix it.  Well, I did that and was able to move on... to create even bigger mistakes!  Let's just say I took out a lot of stitches tonight.  I feel like I didn't get much done, but I know that just organizing my supplies, reminding myself of the steps, etc. is progress in itself, and I will get back into the flow of piecing a quilt soon!

1 comment:

Zachary Pruett said...

Sorry you had to redo so much of your quilt, but at least you're not bored while out of school, huh? :)

Love you!<3