Thursday, February 10, 2011

Whistling


I am whistling again.  I noticed this yesterday while making a mug of Breathe Easy – a medicinal tea that instructs me to break most of Cindi Bigelow’s recommendations.  It is steeped for 10-15 minutes, and… (are you ready for this?) you are SUPPOSED to squeeze the tea bag!  I just got over that bad habit!  I don’t know what Bigelow would say about that, but then, she didn’t have my flu.

Yes, I caught the flu – a textbook case of it.  It came on so suddenly that I didn’t even stop to think about how I was feeling on Saturday morning until I was being driven to work and realized, “I don’t feel well.”  I suffered through my four hour shift (I didn’t have the car) and went straight home to bed where I spent the majority of the next 2-3 days.  Add in another major snow storm, and you can see why I haven’t stepped outside my house in five days.

But, I am whistling again, and that is a good sign my health has returned.  Normally, I whistle a LOT (just ask my patient family) and it takes great effort to be quiet sometimes.  Unfortunately, whistling doesn’t come naturally when I am flat on my back with a 101-103 degree temperature.  I thank the Lord for healing me!  I am blessed!

3 comments:

Robert said...

I'm glad you're whistling! ...And, hopefully, back to the Bigelow teas. :-)

Dad

Bigelow Tea said...

Like your dad, we too hope you are feeling better and that you are back to your Bigelow Tea! Hope it has tasted even better since you've started following Cindi's tips. : )
-Deb for Bigelow Tea

Elizabeth Ellen Moore said...

Thanks, Deb.

I am back to Bigelow Tea -- which is tasting better than ever. I just finished a mug of Constant Comment. Yum!