Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wedding Morning Prayer


Written Saturday, 11 June 2011, 7:17 AM
 
It is morning – and not just any morning – it is the morning of my wedding day.  When Mom greeted me with, “This is the day!” it was reminiscent of her usual greeting, “This is the day that the Lord has made.”  The significance of her statement is immense, but it didn’t keep me from finishing it for her, “…that the Lord has made!”

I have been so blessed!  Zachary is an honorable, God fearing man.  He is also a rock of conviction.  His sense of humor, laughter, and smile are only a small part of why I love him.  If my heart could express the deepest part of me, my list of his great qualities would be endless.  My vocabulary just isn’t good enough.

This morning, I pray for everyone involved in the wedding today: Zachary and me, our families, our musicians, the pastor, best man, and the sound, video, and projection people, etc.  I pray that God would put his hand of peace over all of us, that we will all be where we need to be at the right time.

Yesterday, with its church decorating, family arrivals, rehearsal, pizza party in the park (accompanied by a severe thunderstorm), and our evening need to be written about, but, for now, I sign off as,

Elizabeth Ellen Moore

1 comment:

Robert said...

I know God answered your prayer, Elizabeth. He's been looking after you a long time!

The last three weeks seem much longer. It's an adjustment. You're amazing...

Love,

Dad