Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Future of Five Years Ago


Fall 2006
I came across a “random” question online today that made me think.  It asked:

Today is the future of five years ago. Are you enjoying it as much as you thought you would?

Five years ago, 2006, was the toughest year of my life thus far, and the fall was particularly difficult.  I still had high hopes for the future, however, and I think I am enjoying that future just as much – and probably much more – than I thought I would.  I serve an awesome God who cared more about my hopes and dreams than even I did.

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

1 comment:

Rachel Beth said...

Lovely, and encouraging, Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing.
God bless you.