Sunday, January 08, 2012

Music, Baby, and Faith

The first week of January has sped by, and even though the Christmas decorations aren't put away yet, Christmas is definitely over.  My media player and Pandora channel can attest to the fact that I have transitioned into "regular" praise and worship music and put my December favorites away.  "Silent Night" and "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" probably won't have to wait until the next Advent season arrives before I start humming and singing them again, but they do get a break.


Zachary and I are reading straight through the Bible this year, so we covered the creation of the world through Abraham this week.  I was reminded again that Abraham did a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong -- just like us -- but it was his faith in God that mattered.

    "And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness."
(Genesis 15:6 ESV)

I want to make sure that my actions spring from faith in God.  Just doing the "right thing" isn't enough.  When it comes down to it, it is the heart that matters.  I have a lot of questions this week about practical evangelism, but I trust that God will help me know what to do and say in the moment even when I don't have the big picture filled in.  I just need to believe God and keep asking Him for His help.  He is faithful.

In other news, I am excited to be in the third trimester of my pregnancy!  We have one childbirth class left, and it is becoming more real every day that there is a little person inside of me that we will get to "meet" in less than three months!  Since we won't know the gender of the baby until it is born, I am making two baby quilts so we can have both a girl and a boy quilt on hand.  Over the top?  Maybe, but it is so much fun, and I am not decorating a "nursery," so I guess my energies are going into one of my favorite hobbies instead!  The boy quilt should be finished today, and the fabric for the girl quilt is already bought, washed, and ready.

Have a great day!
~Elizabeth

2 comments:

Robert Wayne Moore said...

I really enjoy reading these, Elizabeth! You made a good point about Abraham. Sometimes we miss God's plan -- either through an act of sin or even through neglect -- and we know it right away. We trust God to teach us again, strengthen and empower us to gain victory, and reveal His faithfulness.

...Love you.

Dad

Anna Naomi said...

You look beautiful as an expectant mommy. :) Excited for you!