Monday, February 13, 2012

...Praying


...on the road
 
The Bible says to pray without ceasing.  It does not say to self-publish without ceasing.  That is why I have been so quiet on Facebook and on my blog over the last several weeks.  Sometimes, I have to stop and ponder things in my heart and not rush to put my thoughts into print right away.

The last few weeks have been full of both good and difficult circumstances.  On the pleasant side, Zachary and I are eagerly anticipating our baby’s arrival.  There are only about five weeks left until the due date.  We have enjoyed many road trips together – even if many of them were caused my doctor and midwife appointments.  We even had a nice getaway to visit our families over the weekend. 

We had snow last night!
On the flip side, things have happened over the last several weeks that are not good, are outside of my control, and pertain to people I care about deeply. I am convinced that Satan has come to steal, kill, and destroy, and we must constantly be on our guard to fight against his lies.  Right now, I am struggling to write even this much because my emotions are in such upheaval, but I know that our Heavenly Father cares deeply – more deeply than I ever could.  He loves perfectly when we as frail human beings fail.  His grace is sufficient.  His power is made perfect in weakness.  So, I will continue to pray and leave the outcome to God.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Praying, dear! I understand in so many ways. The last two weeks of my life have also borne witness to Satan's attacks on many of those dearest to me. :(.

My encouragement has come this past week from listening to Moody Radio's broadcast of Founder's Week. The theme was the hope within us. What a blessing to know that we do have a blessed hope of heaven. Satan shall be thrown into the lake of fire, no more to torment God's children nor to deceive the hearts of men.

I know I'm something of a distant acquaintance, but know that I write this in the spirit of compassion for you as my sister in Christ. I will pray for you ever more earnestly!

In His love,
Melanie

Robert Wayne Moore said...

You're a great encourager, so I know the Lord will bless you and encourage you in turn!

Elizabeth E Pruett said...

Melanie, thank you for your prayers. We do have a blessed hope! We serve an awesome God!


Thanks, Dad!