Friday, July 06, 2012

Anna Rolls Over



Anna is a funny little girl.  She learned how to roll over from her stomach to her back more than a month ago. Once she learned, she did it almost every time we had tummy time... until she stopped.  This video was filmed during the couple of weeks that she was doing it.

A baby's development is sometimes two steps forward and one step back, and Anna proves it in her reluctance to roll over now.  She thinks about it, tries, and almost makes it, but she can't seem to remember how she did it.  After she gives up, we will help her roll over, and she smiles so big!  She looks at me as if to say, "Look at me, Mommy! I did it! I thought I failed, but I guess I didn't, because, look, I'm on my back now!"

Speaking of which, I know Anna isn't of talking age yet, but she could have fooled me last week. She said, "Mommy!" in the middle of all her jabbering. I don't care what she was trying to say; it worked for me!

Many thanks to Zachary's mom for taking these pictures!




[UPDATE] In between the time this was written and posted, Anna rolled over again, so I guess she hasn't forgotten completely.  Good going, Anna!

No comments: