Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Grandma Marjorie's Quilt

I am blessed with the great honor of finishing a quilt my Grandmother Marjorie Moore began years ago.

Anna enjoys her great grandma's quilt.

The quilt was a special gift last Christmas, but with having a baby and everything, today was my first day to quilt on it. I finished one block, this green one, today.

You can see both my stitches and my grandma's stitches here. I am glad hers are larger than mine, because I will always be able to tell which ones she made. I consider finishing her quilt a great honor.

4 comments:

Therese said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I've been reading your blog for quite a while now (probably a few years). Your posts are such a pleasure to read. I want you to know you are a strong example of what it means to be a woman of God and a follower of Christ! I love the pattern on the quilt, and it's even more special knowing that it was started by your grandmother and finished by you! By the way, your daughter is gorgeous! I look forward to keeping up with your posts. God bless you and your family and have a lovely day.

Rachel Beth said...

This is lovely, Elizabeth! And Anna is so cute!
God bless you

Elizabeth E Pruett said...

Thank you both!

A Heart of Praise said...

How special that you are able to finish it! I enjoy hand quilting, but have not done it in quite awhile.

It looks like your little one has been growing! She sure is cute! :)