Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Today was a different Christmas experience than we had planned.  Zachary came down with the flu, so it has been just the three of us at home this year.  Anna is enjoying her first Christmas; she thinks it is an extra long weekend with Daddy at home.  What more could an eight month old want?
 Anna liked the bell I wore.
 I had her pose with her stocking.  First Christmas!
We had our quiet time together reading and singing.  I love lighting the Christ candle on the day we celebrate His birth!
Since we didn't have a family gathering and Zachary was resting for much of the day, I had some extra time on my hands.  I wasn't going to decorate a tree this year, but I pulled it out of storage yesterday and decorated it with ornaments I have collected since I was a baby.  I took the time yesterday to pop some popcorn, so it was ready to string with some cranberries today.  This has been a desire of mine for a long time, but it didn't quite happen until today!

When life gives you lemons, make cranberry relish.
We stayed in contact with both sets of parents throughout the day.  We were even able to do a Skype call with my parents, brother, and sister.  We missed seeing our families this Christmas, but we are glad we had the chance for Zachary to rest, and we will see our families soon.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Robert Wayne Moore said...

That Skype session made my day!