Sunday, February 03, 2013

Seven Years, Growth, and the Car

I have been reading over my blog today.  Study.Quiet is seven years old now. Where did the years go? There are seasons when I don't write very much on this blog, and I wonder why I even try.  Then, I read over the posts, and I am so glad I do.  There are memory nuggets on here that are priceless to me.  The hodgepodge of posts I read today reminded me of my college days, the beautiful seasons (especially fall), my courtship and marriage with Zachary, and our little girl that is growing up so fast!

Anna is ten months old now. She is full of energy.  She crawls all over and can walk with the help of furniture, us, and her walker. She even thinks she can climb! Her smile and laugh bring the same from me. She sways to the music, gives me a cute "puppy dog" tilt of the head, and gets into all sorts of things she shouldn't.  She brings me so much joy.  I love her look of wonderment at a tree branch and her serious focus when a breeze hits her on the cheek. Anna has two -- almost three -- teeth now!

Zachary is my hero this weekend.  He has spent hours working on the car so we don't have to pay a mechanic to do it. I love him so much, and I miss him while he is gone fixing our vehicle.  I don't think I have seen this little of him since... Was it before we were married? I know he is exhausted, but he keeps on going.  I look forward to a long drive with him once we know everything is as it should be. 

This is a rambling post -- almost a journal entry.  Oh well. Perhaps now that the ice is broken after my long absence I will be able to focus on writing a few of the things I have been thinking about recently.

5 comments:

Joy said...

I'm glad you're back. I was a little concerned when you didn't post; but I'm glad things are going good. Bless your Zachary! Anna is growing so quickly, she's a little charmer! You all take care, God bless.

Elizabeth E Pruett said...

Thank you, Joy.

Robert Wayne Moore said...

Elizabeth, this is such a memorable entry. It brings memories of my OWN, and they're all good. I've always been so pleased with your work here. Do you remember times when you would ask me to read an essay for some feedback? Or when you and I would discuss some vexing grammatical or structural question? Your investment here is worth it. I love you! ..Dad

Elizabeth E Pruett said...

Thank you, Dad. Yes, you were a big part of my blog for several years, and I am so thankful. I still value your feedback!

Robert Wayne Moore said...

Well, thanks. But now I can just admire and enjoy!